Privacy Litigation Attorney
The Privacy Litigation Attorney will work with Beckage members to represent clients in data breach class actions, consumer privacy lawsuits, and technology disputes.
The ideal candidate will have privacy and data security experience or litigation experience and strong analytical and legal writing skills. Strong research, legal analysis, and writing skills are required. Interested candidates should have some experience appearing in court, drafting legal motions, taking and defending depositions, handling e-discovery, and participating in mediations. We seek candidates that are proven self-starters who possess the ability to work as part of a larger team.
Familiarity with data privacy laws such as Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), website accessibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), PCI-DSS, HIPPA, and state data breach or biometric privacy laws a plus.
Candidates must be a current member of the State of California or State of New York bar in good standing.
- Conduct legal research and prepare legal analyses and memorandum;
- Draft motions for filing in federal and state court;
- Prepare and take depositions;
- Engage in expert discovery and trial practice;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The candidate should have 3+ years of litigation experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Understanding of relevant laws and regulations, including CAN SPAM, TCPA, IL Biometric Information Privacy Act, CCPA, and privacy torts;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate;
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Juris doctor from an accredited law school required;
- Active license to practice law and/or membership in state Bar;
- At least three years with exposure to data privacy and security compliance;
- 3+ Years experience Litigation
*Beckage is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our Firm. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, or veteran status.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume to email@example.com.