What is a Tabletop Exercise?
What steps has your organization taken to prepare for a potential data breach or other cybersecurity incident? Having a detailed Incident Response Plan (IRP) is a great first step in this process, but a plan’s effectiveness is only as good as its execution. It is also crucial to test your IRP at least annually to identify vulnerabilities before they become a problem.
Beckage tabletop exercises (TTX) are like a fire drill for cybersecurity. Leveraging our experience responding to global, headline-making data breaches, Beckage simulates the events of a realistic incident – from detection to eradication, systems preservation, internal crisis communications, public relations, and notification obligations.
Beckage tabletop exercises include:
- A custom scenario that will test your team on some of the current trends and threats we see as leaders in data breach response
- Engagement of key personnel relevant to the execution of your Incident Response Plan
- An analysis of the legal and technical issues that arise in an incident and how each member of your staff should respond
- A review of your IRP to identify gaps and compliance issues with the emerging security laws
- Debriefing with the team to help reduce legal risk
We find that clients who undergo these guided trainings exercises are more prepared to respond to real incidents efficiently and effectively.
*Attorney advertising, prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.