Our team includes nationally-recognized leaders in data breach response and cybersecurity and privacy law, as well as former federal regulators, former in-house counsels of international companies, tech entrepreneurs, business owners and public–company executives. Our lawyers and technology specialists help you grow your business and achieve strategic objectives, adapt to new technologies and regulations, identify and reduce risk, and manage the response to data breaches, cybersecurity incidents, privacy matters and other crises.
PARALEGAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE
We have an immediate need for a motivated and hardworking individual to fill a paralegal position at our fast-growing firm. Beckage PLLC is a national leader in data security, privacy and incident response. The firm handles extensive federal and state court litigation involving putative class actions addressing cyberattacks, data breaches, vendor disputes, and privacy litigation. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who functions well in a fast-paced and collegial law firm environment.
- Effectively manage a substantial case load.
- Create and maintain meticulous records, spreadsheets and files.
- Schedule hearings, trials, depositions, and mediation.
- Schedule client meetings including discovery meetings, depositions and trial preparation.
- Prepare for and assemble trial binders and other case documents.
- Perform legal research and prepare high-level legal analysis memorandums.
- Draft deposition notices, hearing notices and scheduling orders.
- Draft correspondence, pleadings, discovery, and other litigation related documents.
- Ability to operate in a 'paperless' environment and to organize, distribute case documents digitally.
- Assist with document review and production.
- Maintain calendars.
- Other related tasks as required or assigned.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and critical thinking skills.
- Detail oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of common deadlines and protocols of litigation in both federal and state courts.
- Team oriented: capable of working in a collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated: able to work independently with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain in a seated position for an extended period of time and to lift/carry up to 15 lbs. as needed.
- Bachelor's degree, associate degree, or comparable paralegal certificate.
- Minimum of 2 years of litigation paralegal experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Adobe.
- Must pass criminal background check.
Hours and Compensation:
- Full or part-time.
- Flexible schedule.
- Competitive salary/hourly wages based upon experience and whether full or part-time.
- Position eligible for discretionary bonuses throughout the year.
To apply – please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you.
Beckage PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOW HIRING - MAY 29, 2020