Former In House Counsel for Tech Cloud Provider
Ms. Prout advises clients across a breadth of information technology matters, focusing heavily on IT contracting and complex technology transactions, privacy program development, and incident response.
On behalf of clients across sectors, Ms. Prout negotiates and manages technology agreements, including licensing deals, web content agreements, website terms, linking agreements and policies, software as a service (SaaS), IaaS and PaaS and other hosting arrangements, and IP and IT transactions involving businesses. Ms. Prout has a significant amount of experience negotiating cloud computing deals for enterprise purchasers and on behalf of vendor clients, where she advises on due diligence and best practices in cloud computing.
With her incident response experience and regulatory knowledge, Ms. Prout handles technology transactions, including developing agreements and agreement provisions, and advises on matters pertaining to:
- PCI-DSS certification;
- Data ownership, usage, and transfers;
- Data-related representations, warranties, indemnities, liability limitations;
- Cyber and data insurance requirements;
- Data Integrity and Artificial Intelligence;
- Data protection and incident response.
In recognition of her years of experience in cloud computing, Ms. Prout is certified as an Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner.
Prior to joining Beckage, Ms. Prout served as Corporate Counsel to a technology company that provided cutting-edge services to clients operating in the cloud space, where she focused on information and physical security of data and systems. In this capacity, Ms. Prout advised executive leadership on compliance with data privacy laws and regulations, developing company-wide compliance programs and trainings. Her work afforded her the opportunity to receive a Rising Star- Corporate Counsel Award in 2019.
- New York State Bar Association
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA), Member
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., 2017
- University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., 2011
Recognitions and Thought Leadership
- The Daily Record & Rochester Business Journal Corporate Counsel Rising Star Honoree, 2019
Membership and Admission
- New York State
Experience and Expertise
- Created and led the legal and contracts department for growing SaaS company.
- Drafted licensing agreements to support go-to-market strategies and partnerships with high-growth technology, SaaS, and professional services companies.
- Routinely liaised with InfoSec and Product teams to support contract negotiations and due diligence efforts.
- Worked with C-suite executives to develop internal compliance programs with a focus on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Developed company processes for FAR, GSA and FedRAMP compliance efforts.