Global Data Privacy Practice Group Leader
Jordan leads Beckage’s Global Privacy Team where she represents clients in cross-border data management, creating cost-effective and business-oriented approaches to cybersecurity, data privacy and technology compliance. Recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star – Technology Law, Jordan practices in many jurisdictions throughout the United States in both state and federal courts, as well as internationally in both Europe and Asia.
Jordan has counseled clients on a wide variety of regulatory requirements, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and implementing member state law, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act, biometric data laws, global data breach standards, and federal and state unfair business practices acts. She also provides counsel on a variety of security and privacy frameworks, including the International Standards Organization (ISO) 27001 and 27701, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) cyber and privacy frameworks, and the Payment Credit Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Jordan has extensive experience in the intersection of law and technology, regularly evaluating and assessing legal and business opportunities and risk to provide public and private sector clients with critical data privacy and cybersecurity assessments and strategy. With a global perspective, Jordan represents clients regarding contractual negotiations related to technology, data management, security, and privacy and helps to build out compliance programs to address a multitude of regulatory requirements and best practices.
She also provides insight into third-party management, working with clients to build solutions to ensure security and privacy are accounted for in its supply chain. Jordan has represented clients in a variety of sectors, including emerging technologies (blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), and Artificial Intelligence (AI)), pharmaceutical, healthcare, agriculture, adtech and manufacturing. Jordan works with clients to develop business solutions that incorporate privacy-by-design and security-by-design concepts, merging regulatory requirements with real-world practical solutions.
In addition to her private practice, Jordan is a Lecturer in Cybersecurity at the University of California, Berkeley and a Professor of Law at the Thomas R. Kline School of Law. In her academic work, Jordan brings an interdisciplinary approach to her research, exploring the convergence of the law and technology, as well as the practical implications of regional data protection regulations within a backdrop of the global economy.
Jordan is a Certified Information Privacy Professional for Europe (CIPP/E) and a Certified Information Privacy Professional for the United States (CIPP/US), as well as a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), as certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Jordan is a certified trainer for the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Jordan is fluent in English and French.
Prior to joining Beckage in 2020, Jordan clerked for Koen Lenaerts, the President Judge of the Court of Justice of the European Union, and was a founding member of a women-owned law firm.
- American Bar Association, 2020-2022 Business Law Fellow
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Chair of the Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Committee
- California Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Member
- Cybersecurity Lecturer, University of California, Berkeley
- Law Professor, Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Drexel University
- Adjunct Professor, Chestnut Hill College
- Board Member, West Chester Friends School
- Appointed Fulbright Specialist in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- University of Delaware, BS, 2010
- Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Drexel University, summa cum laude, 2013
Membership and Admission
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, EDPA
- United States District Court, NJ
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Recognitions and Thought Leadership
- Regular Commentator on NBC News
- Data Protectionism, Imperialism and Digital Sovereignty, “The Challenges and Opportunities of U.S. Privacy Law,” forthcoming publication in 2021.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2019 and 2020
- Recipient, European Union ERASMUS Grant 2020
Experience and Expertise
- Develop and help clients manage global privacy and security compliance programs to meet a variety of legal requirements, including the General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Conduct table-top exercises and training related to a variety of global privacy and security scenarios.
- Represent clients in global security and breach responses, including responses under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Advise on data subject / consumer data requests, helping to build customized solutions to address data rights within a client’s infrastructure.
- Counsel executive leadership to address strategic business risks within cyber, privacy, and technology infrastructure.