The Healthcare and Privacy Attorney will advise healthcare clients on complex healthcare regulatory and compliance matters. We are seeking a candidate with expertise in legal and regulatory counseling, compliance program development and implementation, assistance with incident response matters, representation in regulatory enforcement actions, and contract drafting and negotiation.
- Provides legal advice and representation to hospitals, health systems, provider groups, municipalities and healthcare practitioners on compliance matters.
- Evaluates applicability of state, federal and international laws and regulations to clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of relevant laws and regulations, including HIPAA, TCPA, GDPR, CCPA and PIPEDA.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Juris doctor from an accredited law school required.
- Active license to practice law and/or membership in state Bar.
- At least three years of health law and privacy experience.
How to Apply:
If interested, please just send an email to email@example.com, put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line and tell us in under 500 words what you would like to contribute to the team and your favorite current issue in the fast moving cybersecurity, data privacy, and technology space!