The Data Security and Privacy Attorney will advise Beckage’s clients on data security and privacy laws and matters. Resolve issues through writing, speaking, acquisition and privacy/security credentials. Expertise in legal and regulatory counseling, compliance program development and implementation, assistance with incident response matters, representation in regulatory enforcement actions, and contract drafting and negotiation.
- Familiar with EU General Data Protection Regulation, APEC Cross border rules
- Experience drafting digital advertising and cloud agreements
- Evaluates applicability of state, federal and international laws and regulations to clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of relevant laws and regulations, including Video Privacy Protection Act, CAN SPAM, TCPA, IL Biometric Information Privacy Act and CCPA
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Juris doctor from an accredited law school required.
- Active license to practice law and/or membership in state Bar.
- At least three years with exposure to data privacy and security compliance.
We are a tech company made up of lawyers who just happen to also practice in a pretty darn sophisticated area of the law. If you are up for the challenge and would like to nerd out with us – reach out. We can find your profile on LinkedIn. Just email us at email@example.com, put the title of this position in the subject line, and tell us in under 500 words what you are bringing to the table and what your favorite current issue in cybersecurity, data privacy, or technology law is.
Please no attachments in your email! We don’t know you yet, so there’s no telling if you’re malicious. Hey – we are a data security and privacy firm folks!
*Beckage is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our Firm. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, or veteran status.